Tuesday, May 14, 2013

SPRING ISSUE IS IN THE MAIL!

ISSUE 124 is in the hands of the US Post Office!  

As of May 13, the current issue of GASSER Magazine was delivered to the main post office nearest our printer in Illinois.  It took me a couple of weeks longer than normal to get this issue out.  I hadn't planned on going to the emergency room because I couldn't breathe.  Thought it was allergies, nothing that mild, Congestive Heart Failure.  So I 'vacationed' in room 2362 of the 'Hospital Hotel'.  I wouldn't recommend it as a vacation spot, but it worked for me.   Recovery is way too slow and the meds way too many, but I do what the docs tell me--most of the time.  LOL  If I owe you a phone call, t-shirts or anything else, know that they're being handled...slowly but surely. 

Thanks to all who raved about the last issue.  This one is as good, or better, in my opinion than the last one.  Pam Carpenter wrote a GASSERGAL column, Gene Catoe wrote two articles, Tom Gearhart sent in some scrapbook photos of the early days, Ron Updike covered the Fall Dell Mar Nationals, and Ed Hoffman wrote about his PINKS ALL OUT experience.  Hot Rod Magazine's 65th Homecoming was superbly covered by Peter Gustaitis, Ron Upike and Vic Young.  

Race Director Don Moyer has set up our participation in two events you'll want to attend if you can.  The first is June 7-9 at Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove, Wisconsin.  We're having a GASSER Nationals as part of the 5th Hunnert Car Heads Up.  The second is The “Gasser Appreciation Race” held as a part of the festivities at Summit Motorsports Park’s “Blue Suede Cruise”.

Renewal notices are going out today, May 14th.  

Thanks,  Ernest